Teachers can use Test to make up test questions and sheets and track test results. Students can take test in the ClassIn Classroom during the class, or through ClassIn App.
1. Create a Test
To post a test, enter into a class that you want to hand out the test. And then choose the “Test” tab and then click on the “Post Test”.
Alternatively, you can create test questions and test sheets in the Question Bank and the Test Paper Bank in advance. To get here, go to your Cloud Drive, and then Click on the Question Bank. You can click on the Add Question or Batch Import to add new questions. You can find all the test questions you created. Let's start with how to add questions to your Test Bank and Test Paper Bank.
i. Add Questions
You can add questions through the Question Bank in My Drive. To add question, you can click on “Add Question” or “Batch Import”. You can add questions one by one by clicking on Add question.
Click on the “Batch Import” and then “Download Template”. Download and complete the template file and then upload it to where you download the template. After uploading, ClassIn will automatically process your test questions and you can add them to your Question Bank.
Also, you can reuse all test questions that you have saved into your Test Question Bank as long as it has been saved in.
ii. Question Types
ClassIn supports three different types that you can use to create your test: Multiple Choice (single selection and multiple selection) and True or False.
You can use Multiple Choice when you offer varied answers to a question, and you can choose single selection or multiple selections. Here you can set up to 24 different answers. You can use True / False for closed questions that the answer is ‘true’ or ‘false’.
- Multiple choice with single selection: Click on the “Single Choice” and then type a question in the box, and then add choices. You can add up to 24 choices. You can add images to the question description and the choices. You can reorder answer choices by clicking on the arrows next to the choices. Identify the correct answer by clicking on the alphabet.
- Multiple choice with multiple selection: Click on the “Multiple Choice” and then type a question in the box, and then add choices. You can add up to 24 choices. You can add images to the question description and the choices. You can reorder answer choices by clicking on the arrows next to the choices. Identify the correct answer by clicking on the alphabet.
- True / False: Click on the “True or False” and then type a question in the box. You can identify the right answer by clicking on A or B. When you type the question description, you can add images to the question as well.
iii. Test Sheets
To make up a test sheet, go to the “Test Paper Bank” and click on “Add Paper”. Type the test title and the description on your right. Then you can add test questions to the paper by importing questions that are already added into your Question Bank, or you can create new questions by clicking on a question type: Multiple Choice Question with Single Selection and Multiple Selection and True or False question.
You can add up to 200 questions in one test sheet, and can custom the full mark by adjusting points for each question. A test's score consists of the sum total of all the questions' points. Full mark cannot exceed 100 scores.
2. Hand out a Test
To hand out test sheets, you need to define the test title and test questions. Teachers can hand out test sheets during a lesson, or through the ClassIn App.
i. Hand out in the Classroom
Test questions can be imported from the Question Bank one by one, or a test sheet can be imported from the Test Paper Bank. Alternatively, you can add questions when handing out the test sheet as you prefer. To hand out the test, define the test title and other settings.
- Configure the time limits.The time limit cannot exceed the lesson time.
- Select the Show Correct Answers check box to allow students to see the correct answers to automatically scored questions after they submit.
- Invigilate each student’s test solving process live. To do this, teachers can click on the student's name on the left. When ending the test, teachers can choose whether to give test explanation right after the test is finished.
** Teachers can turn on the Video Gallery to supervise students effectively. The Video Gallery supports teachers to look at every student in a larger window tab.
ii. Post through the ClassIn App
Test questions can be imported from the Question Bank one by one, or a test sheet can be imported from the Test Paper Bank. Alternatively, you can add questions when handing out the test sheet as you prefer.
To post a test, define the test title and other test settings.
- Time Limits: Test opens at the current time and finishes in 7 days by default. Choose whatever due date that the assignment should be handed in. To set a due date and time, click on the date and specify a date and time.
- Test Takers: Unlike in the Classroom, when handing out tests through ClassIn App, teachers can configure the test takers. By default, a test is assigned to all students. Teachers can choose individual students by deselecting All Students.
- Proctoring Test: Unlike in the Classroom, teachers can review students’ results only after students have submitted the answer sheet.
3. Test Result
Once answer sheets are submitted, ClassIn will automatically mark the scores.
Teachers can check the details of the answers to each question, including the correction rate of each question and the number of students who answered the correct answer. Teachers can check each student’s answers by clicking on the student list on the left.
** Currently, test feature does not support downloading the test result.
4. Test Explanation
Teachers can give the explanation about the correct and wrong answers by opening the test sheet with the correct answers. Teachers can begin the explanation right after the test is finished, or at anytime they want. Students will watch the same screen as their teacher during the explanation.
About ClassIn: https://www.classin.com/en/